Dear Text on Top user,
We are proud to present to you the release of the Text on Top version 2.4 !
This release contain some bug fixes as well as several improvements and some new features.
I want to thank all users who provided me valuable feedback and input for new ideas!
Please read this email to see what improvements have been made in this release.
Download & update your devices
The zip-file (87MB) can be downloaded here. [The password to extract is textop ]
If you need help, please check the download page first:
Please distribute the content of the zip file to all your devices. That’s all!
Text on Top — Display (the remote subtitle app)
bugfix: False flashing “waiting for RF data…” status message.
bugfix: Text was sometimes cut off on the right margin when the DPI-setting of your computer is set to 125% for example.
The Text on Top system tray icon now responds to the left mouse button as well. This is also a welcome improvement when using a tablet computer with a touch screen.
Text on Top — Vision
Added touch screen (tablet) support
- Double-tap in the text to toggle full-screen.
- A single tap on a line activates read back mode and marks the line to ease reading.
- With a single tap in the topleft corner means follow the text again. Same as ESC key.
- With the two right corners you can navigate up/down through the text.
The color selection has been improved by a convenient popup selection box (see below)
Text on Top — Reporter
Improved user interface
- For example, the color selection in the preferences dialog is now done by a convenient popup selection box.
- With function keys F5 (shortforms) and F6 (preferences dialog) you can cycle through all tabs very quickly.
Touch screen (tablet) support
- Tap the Text on Top logo in the top-right corner.
==> This popup button bar will appear to provide easy access to these major functions:
- Adjust the margins of the second screen through the preferences dialog.
Support low resolution screens
- Compact positioning buttons (local settings in preferences dialog).
- Hide the “Edit preferences” button to make some space. To open the preferences, hit F6 or click the Text on Top logo instead.
Smart Script player
- Built-in library and rundown manager
- Controllable with just the 4 cursor keys and TAB key.
- !!! Interactive text finder (extremely useful when the speaker skips a paragraph) !!!
- !!! Interactive script finder (in case you don’t know what the next Chrismas song will be) !!!
Text merging when offline
When working with a colleague in turns, both reporters have different parts of the full transcript.
By enabling the text merging option, text that your colleague produces is appended to your text in real-time!
Musical notes support for Steno users
Eclipse (and perhaps other CAT software) use a trick to display musical notes in text. This is now understood by Text on Top.
Also: A double-dash “–” is now recognized as a final punctuation, meaning a new paragraph works now directly behind a “–”
I hope you all enjoy this latest Text on Top version!! We continue adding more and more features to Text on Top.
If you have some bright ideas, just let us know! Your feedback is much appreciated.
With kind regards,
|software / hardware engineer|
|Almere – Netherlands|
|real-time captioning solutions|